Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: Lit Cosmetics Glitters - with PICTURES!

Following my recent discovery of Midwest Makeup Supply, I also happened upon a little brand called Lit Cosmetics. I've heard rants and raves about their glitters for years, but have never gotten around to trying them, because there hasn't been a shop near me that carries them. I don't like ordering things online unless I've used them before. I'm weird that way. However, like every self-respecting gay man should, I love glitter. I like glitter on my eyes and glitter on my clothes and glitter in my hair. Is it sparkly? I'll take two in every color. To go.

Before I continue, here's my usual disclaimer: I don't work for the company, they're not paying me, they're not giving me free stuff, (although if they did I wouldn't complain!) and I am in no way whatsoever affiliated with the brand.

Introducing, for those of you who have not made this wonderful discovery, Lit Cosmetics!


They're gentle, they're sparkly, and they come in just about every color imaginable. I'm thoroughly obsessed. I purchased the glitter in Beach Baby and proceeded to use it on one of my birthday clients that night - I was that excited about it. Now, true to form, I'll take two in every color, which is going to be a bit of an endeavor because their color selection is endless! A few shades I'm really excited about purchasing after testing them in the store include Barbie Shops (a fabulous white with multi-colored pastel holographic), Gun Smoke (a rich, smokey, gunmetal grey), and Army Brat (a deep army green with hints of brown and gold). 

Beach Baby



Beach Baby is a gorgeous muted champagne-gold. I bought this one first to start experimenting with the brand because it seemed like it would be a very versatile color - and it is! Pop a bit on your highlights for a hint of shimmer, or all over for a wash of sparkle! Lit recommends you use their glitter base, but I just opted for my Duo Eyelash Adhesive. (The waterproof blue one) My client was sporting a black smokey cut crease with a gold glitter lid - and was still sporting the look after a long night at the club! 

Summary
What: Lit Cosmetics Glitter in Beach Baby
How Much: $12.95 (20% off for makeup professionals!)
Recommended? Every day of my life. Go purchase it now. Go on. I'll wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment