Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Favorites: Dark December.

Here are some swatches of a couple of my favorite dark shades by Mac. These three are all very popular shades, and are all indispensable in my kit. All three shades are shown from top to bottom: applied with fix+, over Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Original, and by itself.
Carbon
This matte black is invaluable when it comes to creating the perfect dramatic smokey eye or setting eyeliner. Carbon has been getting a lot of flack recently for not being the "blackest" black out there, which I tend to agree with. However, I feel that anything darker is too inky and doesn't have enough definition to work on the eye.
Satin Taupe
This is one of the few shimmer shades I find myself reaching for time and time again. It's great on the lid blended out with some Espresso, or even lighter browns like Kid or Soft Brown. The gorgeous purple-grey undertones work great with golden-brown eyes.
Espresso
Also another favorite of mine when it comes to smokey eyes. This shade work great for adding definition to the crease and even used as eyeliner with a little bit of fix+ and a push liner brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment