Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Top 4 Youtube Makeup Gurus of 2012


Now for simplicity's sake, I'm going to divide this list into two: every day and not so every day.

Favorite Everyday Youtube Makeup Gurus




Wayne Goss is a makeup artist based out of the UK. His tutorials are fantastic, but the shining light of his channel are the reviews. This guy reviews everything - and I mean everything. His second channel, GossMakeupChat, is pretty much nothing but reviews on everything from foundation to blushes. A lot of the things he reviews are regional, so if you're not in the UK, plan on ordering some of the products he talks about online.



Here is a goldmine of basic, everyday tutorials. Now, I don't mean to say that anything they do is basic - both these girls are fantastic at what they do. All the looks they demonstrate are more or less wearable, albeit some are more dramatic than others. There's also a wealth of celebrity makeup looks on their channel, amongst a buch of others. Also check out their website at Pixiwoo.com!

Favorite "Not so Everyday" Makeup Gurus


Let me just put this out there. First and foremost I'm a theatrical and fx makeup artist. I love drag. I love character. I love things that are big and bright and dramatic. Here are two of my favorite larger-than-life makeup gurus.


Misty Eyez is a YouTube phenom drag entertainer and female impersonator based in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Let me start out by saying that this girl has single-handedly taught me everything I know about drag to date. Her tutorials are simple, straightforward, and easy to follow, and she's not afraid of her cosmetics! Along with hair and makeup tutorials you'll find other great segments such as "Misty Meets" and "Ask Misty," making this channel a must-subscribe!



Here's a YouTuber that has been around for a while, but unfortunately has not been uploading many tutorials lately. (hint-hint, nudge-nudge) His tutorials range on everything from drag to zombie to character to animal. All the tutorials are great, and this channel is wonderful for learning to step outside of one's box in the world of makeup. 

Do me a favor right now, and subscribe to all these wonderful people! You won't regret it. 

As always, follow me on Twitter, like me on FaceBook, and visit my homepage at jaydhagberg.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment